The long weekend is just around the corner, and as we gear up for some well-deserved relaxation, it’s good to know what’s open and what’s taking a break along with us. Whether you’re planning some retail therapy, exploring cultural treasures, or simply seeking a tranquil spot, here’s your guide to the Labour Day weekend in Winnipeg.
City Services and Tranquil Parks
If you’re staying in the city, here’s what you need to know about Winnipeg’s services:
- City Hall and Administrative Offices: Closed on September 4.
- Recycling, Yard Waste, and Garbage Collection: Business as usual for those with Monday as their collection day.
- Winnipeg Transit: Operating on a Sunday schedule.
- Winnipeg Public Libraries: Closed on September 4.
- Outdoor Pools, Spray Pads, and Wading Pools: Some are open; check the schedule here.
- Indoor Pools and Fitness Centres: Closed for the day.
- Animal Services Agency: Closed for Labour Day.
- Cemeteries: Brookside, Transcona, and St. Vital cemeteries open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. The Brookside Cemetery administrative office will be closed on Monday.
Malls for Shopaholics
Let’s start with the shoppers in the house! If you’ve got your eye on a shopping spree, check out the mall hours:
- CF Polo Park: Open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Garden City Shopping Centre: Taking a breather, closed for the day.
- Grant Park Shopping Centre: Open from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Kildonan Place: Open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- St. Vital Centre: Open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Outlet Collection Winnipeg: Open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Cheers to Liquor Marts
For those looking to raise a toast, all Winnipeg, Brandon, and rural Liquor Marts have you covered from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Outdoor Adventures and Cultural Gems
For those seeking outdoor adventures and cultural experiences:
- Golf Courses: Crescent Drive, Kildonan Park, and Windsor Park golf courses will be open throughout the long weekend.
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights: Open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Winnipeg Art Gallery-Qaumajuq: Open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Manitoba Museum: Open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
So, whether you’re indulging in some retail therapy, exploring our city’s cultural gems, or simply enjoying the tranquility of a park, make the most of this Labour Day weekend in Winnipeg. However you choose to spend it, we wish you a fantastic long weekend!